TLC Nursery School
Home » TLC Nursery School
What is TLC?
Teaching Little Christians (TLC) Nursery School is a ministry of Pulaski Wesleyan Church. The school is based on Christian principles with the desire that the children will gain a lifelong appreciation for learning. It is a relaxed atmosphere – structured to include language experience, music experience, creative activities, health/safety, as well as preparing children for kindergarten.
What do we do?
Our curriculum is centered on Christian concepts found in the Bible and is adapted to each individual need and level of understanding. As a result of this flexibility, each child has the opportunity… to develop their self-esteem, to learn, to appreciate others, to create, to play, to observe, and to acquire knowledge and skills that will serve them well for a lifetime. Our ultimate goal at TLC is to meet the spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, and social needs of each child.
1. Age: Children must be 3 years old prior to December 1st to be eligible for admittance to the 3 year old program. Children must be 4 years old by December 1st to be eligible for admittance to the 4 year old program.
2. Immunizations: New York State Health Law requires children entering preschool to be adequately immunized. We require a copy of your child’s immunization records before school begins.
3. Potty Training: Children must be toilet trained. (No exceptions – including pull – ups) For your child’s protection, we will require the children to wipe themselves, flush toilets, and wash their hands independently. Please teach your children these things at home prior to the start of school.
What does the daily schedule look like?
* 9:30 – 9:45 Pledge and Music Time
* 9:45 – 10:25 Free Play (Learning Centers)
* 10:25 – 10:30 Clean Up
* 10:30 – 10:50 Bathroom Break & Snack
* 10:50 – 11:30 Classroom Time for 3’s
* 10:50 – 12:00 Classroom Time for 4’s
TLC class time is designed to help students learn their colors, shapes, numbers, and letters. Name recognition and writing their name is included. Each day during their time in the classroom your child will talk about the weather, the calendar and they will have story time. Class time projects are done daily to help strengthen and develop their fine motor skills.
TLC is a great transition from home to kindergarten.